Helpful Resources For Blind and
Visually Impaired Persons
The following links are devoted to resources that are both important and interesting. These pages change often so return to this section from time to time.
If your organization or company is not listed here and you
would like to be added to our resource listings, please contact the ACB
National Office at:
Send E-mail to the American Council of the Blind.
Please include a brief description about the resource or service you provide, contact information for your resource or service, and the address of your Web site if you have one.
- Read the Judgement Social Security Suit document
- Download the Judgement Social Security Suit document
- Read the Social Security Suit Findings and Conclusion document
- Download the Social Security Suit Findings and Conclusion document
- United States Court of Appeals Currency Decision
- Download United States Court of Appeals Currency Decision
- ACB 2010-2011 committee list
- Read the Constitution and Bylaws, as amended July 2010
- Download a Braille copy of the Constitution and Bylaws
- Download an MS word copy of the Constitution and Bylaws
- Download a DAISY copy of the Constitution and Bylaws
- ACB/ADP Audio Description Standards - My MediaWiki
- ACB EDITORIAL POLICY MANUAL adopted by the Board of Publications
- ACB Jobs Bank
- ACB Membership Materials
- ACB Resolutions adopted by annual conventions
A Guide to Making Documents Accessible to People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired.
- Braille Translation of the
Accessible Formats Guide
Right click on the above link to download the braille translated guide to your computer.
- Advocacy InfoSheet, Keeping your Personal Information Private
- Books and Leisure Reading Materials.
- Braille Authority of North America
- Braille: History and use of Braille.
- Braille Business Card Producers.
- Braille Instruction
- Braille Paper-
Braille paper, or Braille continuous paper, is specially manufactured by Star
Continuous Cards. Braillepaper.com is your best source for high quality Braille
paper at competitive prices. Braille paper is used by the blind, visually
handicapped, and visually impaired. Stars Braille paper can be shipped as free
matter for the blind in the United States, as well as all overseas locations,
in our crush-proof boxes.
- Braille Signage
- Braille Transcribers
- Brailler Repair Services.
- Catalogs of Products for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- COMPUTER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED
- COMPUTER PUBLICATIONS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED
- COMPUTER TRAINING FACILITIES/LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- DIABETIC RESOURCES FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED
- EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Financial Aid - Other Sources of Financial Assistance
- Guide dog schools and associations.
- A GUIDE TO A SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
- IDEA TASK FORCE White Paper
Law Office of Lainey Feingold - Disability
Rights Legal Advocacy
- Help and Accessibility
- News and Articles
- Settlement Agreements
- Structured Negotiations
- Legislative Information.
- Low vision resources and information.
- Medical Information Resources
- Music Resources
- The Press Release Handbook for ACB Affiliates and Chapters
- The PSA Handbook for ACB Affiliates and Chapters
- Resources for Older Individuals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired.
- Resources For Parents and Teachers of Blind and Visually Impaired Children.
- Sports, Recreational and Leisure Resources.
- DIRECTORY OF BANKS WITH TALKING ATM MACHINES
- Travel Books, Tours, and Information for the disabled Traveler.
Access Handbook -
Independent, Secret and Verifiable:
A Guide to Making Voting an Independent and Accessible Process for People Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired. Prepared by the American Council of the Blind
- White Paper, Creating a Media Kit for Your ACB Affiliate or Chapter
- White Paper, Are You the Parents of A Blind Child?
- White Paper, Are You a Senior Citizen Struggling with Vision Loss?
- Whitepaper On Rehabilitation and Training